Historical Mansion

For Sale

Price: please enquire

  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION
  • HISTORICAL MANSION

Property ID :

 RH-6702-property

Bedrooms

6

Area

320

Description

A stunning mansion close to the port with no steps to consider.

It was a home first constructed in the 1800’s, to a family that originated from the Peloponnese.
Some decades later, the house was expanded and renovated to give it a more elegant touch: a terrace was added, which also created more space on the ground floor, and neoclassical elements, then popular in Athens, were introduced. The ceiling of the living room was decorated with paintings depicting the monuments of Athens – the propylaea of the Acropolis, for instance, still bear the no-longer existent (as it was demolished in 1874), Frankish tower. In the early 20th century, the house became a holiday home.

There is a private courtyard on entering the property and a lovely private walled garden with a mature olive tree.

The ground floor which has recently been renovated to its original standard consists of a large room with a huge arched window allowing good light to enter, two bedrooms and a shared bathroom in between.

The first floor can be reached via an internal wooden staircase or by external steps. There is also a large spacious terrace.
The main door leads into the hallway. To the right is a lovely living room. To the left of the hallway, is the kitchen with bathroom. Continuing through is a double bedroom, another small bedroom/study, and further through is another large bedroom which also has a door leading directly onto the terrace.

There is also a separate self contained apartment that can be accessed either from within the property, or directly from the street having bedroom, small kitchenette and bathroom.

With beautiful light-filled rooms, high ceilings, and a mass of original features, this is a rare example of the quiet elegance that typified the finest Hydriot houses, preserved almost unchanged from when the house was built.